[aprssig] Tiny Telemetry

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Tue Aug 31 11:48:54 EDT 2004

I like that idea as well for IButton and 1-wire modules.  I just figured
I'd throw out there that there appears to be no cheap APRS weather
converter for 1-wire weather stations in the wild. :)  1-wire weather
stations I think are the least expensive solution.

I also like the idea for telemetry of course.  The sensors are still
relatively inexpensive there too if I recall, could be nice for balloon
launches and amateur RC planes.

I feel your pain about the calibration issue.  I'm really not sure how I'm
going to handle that at the moment.  I think the Oww daemon supports an
offset, and since K1XVM's new Xastir server went online this past week
(replacing the archaic Sun Ultra 1), there's plenty of capacity to handle
it there.  I can think of situations where people don't have an urge to put
an entire computer somewhere just to use a cheap weather station.   Maybe
the price of embedded X86 hardware will come down and open for a variety of
opportunities.

I do of course appreciate the fact that Xastir does support the 1-wire
station. :)  I played with it when it was committed a while back.

--Droo, K1XVM