[aprssig] APRS and TOPO

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Sat Aug 21 16:37:42 EDT 2004

I am fielding this one for the author of DMAPPER since he is not subscribed
to this list.  He will subscribe shortly.

Dave's answer to this question is as follows:

"     Herb,

Thanks for forwarding this.....Somehow I knew this would be the next
question.

The answer is YES.... Dmapper will support National Geographic TOPO!
......... although I haven't got it entirely functional to my satisfaction
so haven't posted all the features for it.

Now that I have Dmapper operational under XP, (NG)TOPO! is at the top of my
list for the next feature to add and have been working on it.    Currently a
knowledgeable (NG)TOPO! user can figure out how to "import" one of the
Dmapper data files without too much trouble but I want to make it even
easier for all TOPO! users in the near future.

Of course.... I really push Search and Rescue folks to use MapTech's
"Terrain Navigator" rather than (NG)TOPO! but I understand there are limits
to what software is currently in use and what funds are available.  That is
why, while I promote Maptech, I am also building support for other mapping
programs in Dmapper.

I'll get subscribed to the list so I can deal with these questions directly
but would appreciate it if you could pass this on this time.

As Dmapper develops I will try and spread the word through email and will
also post it on the web  www.dmapper.com

Thanks again.
Dave Neys  W7PDQ
dave at roadfacts.com     "