[aprssig] Hurricane track?

Steve Dimse k4hg at tapr.org
Sat Aug 14 10:46:14 EDT 2004

On 8/14/04 at 10:41 AM W1GTT at aol.com sent:

>What happened to the current hurricane tracking??
>No objects on the APRS screen for the past 24 hours of so.
>Wanted to show the local OEM director the location of the hurricane and it was
>not on the screen and hadn't been for hours now.
>Even did a dump of the IS to see if I could plot them and no luck.
>No TD's either?
>Are they NOT going to be automatically plotted?
>Or is there a problem somewhere in getting the information out into the
internet
>stream?

The warning parsing system was located in Naples, slighly north of Charley's
landfall. Hopefully it is merely a loss of power and/or internet connectivity,
and Dale did not suffer any more serious loss. Regardless, I'm sure he has more
important things on his mind than notifying us of an expected return...

Steve K4HG