[aprssig] EMI Help

Rich Osman Rich at osman.com
Sat Aug 14 08:42:37 EDT 2004

I'd be more worried about ground loops than EMI.  HOw is the GPS
connected, and equally important, how is the radio connected to the
display, power and antenna?

Also, on your earlier question about regulators:  Calculate a series
resistor that provides the drop you need at maximum currrent for 10
volts input.  If the regulator is pulling little current, the input will
rise but you don't care, it won't be dissipating much power.

Were it me, I'd do something like this
http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/pt5101.pdf