[aprssig] Spurious SSID's

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Aug 3 09:19:42 EDT 2004

>>> awolfe at Route24.net 8/3/04 12:55:58 AM >>>
>For example, [we are receiving] a local digi, WA9RES,
>with -13, -14, -15 sporadically as well.  Maybe a digi is
>mangling packets somewhere?

It is a D700 somewhere with UIFLOOD set to WIDE,NOID.

First of all, we dont want MOBILES running around
flooding the network with additional WIDEn-n packets,
so mobile D700's should not be enabled for digipeating in the
first place except for special events.

Second, The proper setting for a D700 acting as a digi is
opposite of the settings for a KPC-3+ and should be set as follows

UIFLOOD LAST,28,ID
UITRACE WIDE,28

This way WIDEn-N still works, and is traceable, and UIFLOOD,
operating with ID set can be used for tracing packets on
their LAST hop through a digi.

de WB4APR, Bob